Since 2011, Mechanical failure analysis and material expert of LRCCP
Research engineer in Nanocomposites at CNRS (7 years)
R&D engineer at CETIM Nantes (2 years)
Holds a PhD in mechanics and material from Ecole Centrale Paris - Thesis on Nanocomposites
- from the 5th of March 2024 to the 2nd of April 2024
- from the 6th of September 2024 to the 5th of October 2024
About this course
Failures of rubber parts impact all of the industrial world. In this online course we will study the analysis of failure as a succession of steps allowing us to trace back to the reason and modality of failure of an elastomer part.
- Welcome everyone: introduction
- What do you expect of this SPOC ?
Week 1 : Starting an analysis - Morphological analysis
- Leading a diagnostic
- Methods in use to identify the failure reason
- Destructive and non-destructive control methods
Week 2 : physicochemical analyses
- Which analyses to choose depending on an expertise case?
- Possible failures depending on rubber formulation
Week 3 : Mechanical controls
- Mechanical control process on failed parts
- Modelling of elastomers parts and numerical simulation
Week 4 : Prediction methods for lifespan and anticipation of failure
- Theoretical tools for failure anticipation: prediction methods for lifespan (fatigue, WLF, Arrhenius etc.)
- Ageing acceleration principal
- Theoretical tools for failures anticipation: AMDEC
- Presenting the method and its application in the expertise
Conclusion: outcomes of our investigation
This training adresses to technicians and engineers from R&D, engineering department or quality checking of company using rubber and transformers.
This course require basic knowledge in rubbers and their application.
How long does the training last ?
The training require 3 to 4 hours of work per week, for 4 weeks. You can follow it by your own pace and according to your current knowledge until the closing date ! We can't accept any reporting ! Acces to the training is guaranted only for 1 month.
How can I pay my subscription?
2 specific cases:
- You do the training for personnal use or outside your company training plan:you can directly pay for your training online by following the link in your activation email. Your registration will be effective the following days.
- You want to follow a SPOC as part of your company training plan : Just address your registration form to: email@example.com and a training agreement will be established for your company. You can register until a 10 days deadline after the start of the session. Beyond that, we will recommend that you register for the next scheduled session.
Will I be able to contact the pedagogical team?
Yes, you can contact our support using firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying the course and the nature of the requirement.