Since 2011, Mechanical failure analysis and material expert of LRCCP
Research engineer in Nanocomposites at CNRS (7 years)
R&D engineer at CETIM Nantes (2 years)
Holds a PhD in mechanics and material from Ecole Centrale Paris - Thesis on Nanocomposites
About this course
Failures of rubber parts impact all of the industrial world. In this online course we will study the analysis of failure as a succession of steps allowing us to trace back to the reason and modality of failure of an elastomer part.
- Welcome everyone: introduction
- What do you expect of this SPOC ?
Week 1 : Starting an analysis - Morphological analysis
- Leading a diagnostic
- Methods in use to identify the failure reason
- Destructive and non-destructive control methods
Week 2 : physicochemical analyses
- Which analyses to choose depending on an expertise case?
- Possible failures depending on rubber formulation
Week 3 : Mechanical controls
- Mechanical control process on failed parts
- Modelling of elastomers parts and numerical simulation
Week 4 : Prediction methods for lifespan and anticipation of failure
- Theoretical tools for failure anticipation: prediction methods for lifespan (fatigue, WLF, Arrhenius etc.)
- Ageing acceleration principal
- Theoretical tools for failures anticipation: AMDEC
- Presenting the method and its application in the expertise
Conclusion: outcomes of our investigation
This training adresses to technicians and engineers from R&D, engineering department or quality checking of company using rubber and transformers.
This course require basic knowledge in rubbers and their application.
How long does the training last ?
The training require 3 to 4 hours of work per week, for 4 weeks. You can follow it by your own pace and according to your current knowledge until the closing date ! We can't accept any reporting ! Acces to the training is guaranted only for 1 month.
How can I pay my subscription?
You just have to address your subscription bill to : email@example.com. If required a formation agreement will be established in the name of your company. You can register up to 10 days after the start of the session. Beyond that, we recommend you to register for the next session.
Will I be able to contact the pedagogical team?
Yes, you can contact our support using firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the course and the nature of the requirement.