Since 2011, Mechanical failure analysis and material expert of LRCCP
Research engineer in Nanocomposites at CNRS (7 years)
R&D engineer at CETIM Nantes (2 years)
Holds a PhD in mechanics and material from Ecole Centrale Paris - Thesis on Nanocomposites
About this course
Failures of rubber parts impact all of the industrial world. In this online course we will study the analysis of failure as a succession of steps allowing us to trace back to the reason and modality of failure of an elastomer part.
- Welcome everyone: introduction
- What do you expect of this SPOC ?
Week 1 : Starting an analysis - Morphological analysis
- Leading a diagnostic
- Methods in use to identify the failure reason
- Destructive and non-destructive control methods
Week 2 : physicochemical analyses
- Which analyses to choose depending on an expertise case?
- Possible failures depending on rubber formulation
Week 3 : Mechanical controls
- Mechanical control process on failed parts
- Modelling of elastomers parts and numerical simulation
Week 4 : Prediction methods for lifespan and anticipation of failure
- Theoretical tools for failure anticipation: prediction methods for lifespan (fatigue, WLF, Arrhenius etc.)
- Ageing acceleration principal
- Theoretical tools for failures anticipation: AMDEC
- Presenting the method and its application in the expertise
Conclusion: outcomes of our investigation
This training adresses to technicians and engineers from R&D, engineering department or quality checking of company using rubber and transformers.
This course require basic knowledge in rubbers and their application.
How long does the training last ?
The training require 3 to 4 hours of work per week, for 4 weeks. You can follow it by your own pace and according to your current knowledge until the closing date ! We can't accept any reporting ! Acces to the training is guaranted only for 1 month.
How can I pay my subscription?
2 specific cases:
- You do the training for personnal use or outside your company training plan:you can directly pay for your training online by following the link in your activation email. Your registration will be effective the following days.
- You want to follow a SPOC as part of your company training plan : Just address your registration form to: email@example.com and a training agreement will be established for your company. You can register until a 10 days deadline after the start of the session. Beyond that, we will recommend that you register for the next scheduled session.
Will I be able to contact the pedagogical team?
Yes, you can contact our support using firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying the course and the nature of the requirement.